Our Robotic Coding Class Package was designed for easy implementation in classroom. There is nothing to download, and you don’t have to connect to your school network or put in an IT ticket to get set up.
Everything you need to get started with robots and coding in a classroom.
- Teacher Getting Started Guide Booklet
- Teacher Syllabus
- Getting Started Presentation
- Complete Dexter Industries Curriculum (over 50 lessons and projects)
- 2-hour of 1-on-1 support call to get set up and running with our educational support team
- 10 GoPiGo3 Robot Base Kit
- 10 Screwdrivers for assembly
- 10 Raspberry Pi 3
- 12 Sensor Mounts
- 10 Distance Sensors
- 10 microSD Cards with Dexter Industries custom DexterOS software (More advanced users that want to connect the robot to the internet or want to code in C, Java or Node.js should use our other software, Raspbian for Robots, in our Advanced Classroom Kit.)
- 11 8GB USB Drives (used for updating software and storing photos and files, but comes empty)
- 10 Power Supply Wall Adapters (110-240V)
- 10 Rechargeable Battery Pack
- 10 Battery Smart Chargers
- 10 Storage Containers
- 2 Spare Parts Kit
- 10 Dexter Industries stickers
What is NOT included?
Beginner Sensor Kit
- Line Follower
- Light & Color Sensor
- IR Sensor & Remote Control
- Loudness Sensor
Advanced Sensor Kit
- PIR Motion Sensor
- Temperature, Humidity, Pressure Sensor
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with the GoPiGo Beginner Starter Kit, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch).
Our most popular curriculum for the GoPiGo is GoBoxEd. It comes with a 9 additional sets of sensors and 12 Mission to accomplish with your robot!
We also have other curriculum and projects for GoPiGo for subjects like math, geography, language arts and more. Check them out at Dexter Studio, our project platform.
Assembly instructions can be found here.
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (many built in to the software and even more available in our open-source repository on Github)
- LEGO Technic bricks: you can attach LEGO technic parts to the GoPiGo acrylic body to build things like camera mounts and to customize the look. But we don’t sell any LEGO parts.