Raspberry Pi Ethernet Cable for connecting your Raspberry Pi to your laptop, computer, or network. Connect your Raspberry Pi directly to your computer or router via this compact RJ-45 6″ Ethernet cable.
The cable is 6″ long.
Using an ethernet cable is the most reliable way to connect to your Pi when programming it. We are constantly using these short cables to program and test our Raspberry Pi robots, so thought we would offer them to our customers too!
GoPiGo, a Raspberry Pi robot car.
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi (not included in Base Kit)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries (not included)
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Programming languages available include: Java, C, C++, Python, Scratch & Go
About the BrickPi
BrickPi allows you to use your LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors with the Raspberry Pi. The BrickPi and Raspberry Pi together replace the NXT or EV3 brick, which gives you not only more processing power, but the ability to interact with the web, and write programs in more languages (python, scratch, etc.). The BrickPi board connects to LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors & motors, and you can connect LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to make your own robot.
No LEGO MINDSTORMS or Technic parts are included. Raspberry Pi sold separately or with the BrickPi Starter Bundle.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 5 NXT sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi.
- Write in other languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORM robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO® Technic bricks to the BrickPi case and make an awesome robot!
Who is BrickPi for?
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORM NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate WIFI
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
We do not sell the core LEGO motors or sensors, but we have developed a few cool ones of our own like the dGPS.
If you don’t already have LEGO MINDSTORM, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.
What languages can you use?
Dexter Industries and our open source community has developed libraries in the following languages:
See our Dexterind Github repository for a full list.