BrickPi is best for someone who already has Lego MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don’t already have Lego MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit our BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What’s Included in the BrickPi Classroom Kit?
- 5 BrickPi3 Base Kits – Board, Acrylic Case and Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- 5 Blank microSD Cards – You’ll need Raspbian for Robots, which you have to download and install yourself
- 5 Raspberry Pi 3s
- 5 Power Supply Power Supplies (110-240V)
- 5 6″ Ethernet Cables
- 5 Rechargeable Battery Packs & Smart Chargers
- 5 Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensors
- Set of 5 Storage Bins
What’s required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO Mindstorm sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
What else do I need to know?
- Connect 1 of many Grove Sensors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi – and the whole robot.
- Libraries available in languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have Lego Mindstorm NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors
We do not sell the core Lego motors or sensors.
If you don’t already have Lego Mindstorm, you might want to start with our other complete Raspberry Pi robot kit, the GoPiGo.