GoBox comes with the newest GoPiGo3 full robot kit (see details below) in the first month. Then, over the next 11 months, we’ll send you a fun new monthly mission (9 of which come with a new, cool sensor) for your robot to accomplish.
Already have the GoPiGo robot? The Missions Only product only includes 11 missions and 9 sensors. It is the option for those that already have the GoPiGo.
If you’re a teacher looking to use GoBox Missions in a classroom, after school program or camp, visit our GoBoxEd page.
The missions are in a story form of step-by-step instructions that take you through the whole experience. You’ll have full access to our video library and support forums as well. The monthly sensors include the Light & Color Sensor, Loudness Sensor, Distance Sensor, Grove Buzzer, Grove LED, Grove PIR Motion Sensor, Grove Button Sensor, Grove Infrared Sensor, Infrared Remote Control, and the GoPiGo Line Follower. Missions teach you how to program your GoPiGo robot car & accompanying sensors in Bloxter to accomplish tasks and learn new concepts!
Mission 1 includes everything you need to get started with the GoPiGo, including the following items:
- GoPiGo Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Power Wall Supply
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Custom Software, DexterOS
- USB Drive for DexterOS
- Access to all 12 Missions in Dexter Studio
Subsequent Missions include access to each Mission along with the following sensors, spread out over the following 11 months. Missions are accessed on our project platform, Dexter Studio.
- Mission 6 Timer – Grove Buzzer
- Mission 7 Finite State Machine – Grove LED – Red
- Mission 8 Seismograph – Grove PIR Motion Sensor and rubber bands
- Mission 9 Morse Code – Grove Button Sensor
- Mission 10 Smart Car – Grove Infrared Receiver and Infrared Remote Control
- Mission 11 Cookie Delivery Service – GoPiGo Line Follower
- Mission 12 Bridge to Python – Sensor Mount and instruction booklet
Read more on the GoBox page.
What can I do with it?
DexterOS, the software that comes with GoBox, has dozens of free, built-in lessons to teach you to program the GoPiGo in Bloxter (our drag-and-drop language just like Scratch). There’s no software to download or install on your device.
Educators should check out GoBoxEd.