Objective: Students program the GrovePi in Scratch to relay a message through morse code using the LED lights and/or a buzzer.
Each Lesson includes the following elements:
- Background information & resource links (some to share with students & some for teachers)
- Introductory questions & information to share with the students
- Step-by-step procedure for the project
- Student handouts, charts
- Closure exercises
Time Requirement: 1 hour / 1 class period
- The Lesson uses Scratch, a beginner drag-and-drop programming language developed at MIT. It is perfect for beginners, and no prior experience is expected or required.
Recommended Grades: Grades 4 and up
Main Audience: Workshop, After School Program, Camp
This lesson comes in the form of a one-time downloadable PDF with a license for 1 classroom. If you are interested in using this lesson school-wide or district-wide, please contact us for that pricing at DexterEd (at) dexterindustries.com.
What else will I need that does not come with this Lesson?
- GrovePi Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi (works with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries custom software – or else you can download and image the cards yourself)
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Wall Adapter
- Buzzer (Optional)
If you have the GoPiGo, check out the Morse Code lesson for GoPiGo here.