Objective: Students will build a robotic plant monitoring station combining coding and life science!
Each Lesson includes the following elements:
- Background information & resource links (some to share with students & some for teachers)
- Introductory questions & information to share with the students
- Step-by-step procedure for the project
- Student handouts, charts, worksheets
- Closure exercises
- Assessment questions
Time Requirement: 6-8 week long term investigation
- The Lesson uses Scratch, a beginner drag-and-drop programming language developed at MIT. It is perfect for beginners, and no prior experience is expected or required.
Recommended Grades: 4-5
Main Audience: Classroom
This unit comes in the form of a one-time downloadable PDF with a license for 1 classroom. If you are interested in using this unit school-wide or district-wide, please contact us for that pricing at DexterEd (at) dexterindustries.com.
What else will I need that does not come with this curriculum?
For purchases of 5 or more robots, please see our GrovePi Classroom Kit.
- GrovePi Base Kit
- Raspberry Pi (works with any version of the Raspberry Pi)
- microSD Card (with Dexter Industries custom software – available for purchase pre-loaded with our software or else you can download and image the cards yourself)
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Wall Adapter